If you participating in the hike, here is how to prepare:
- Despite the heat, wear long sleeves and long pants. You should protect yourself from plants and insects.
- Wear a pair of good walking shoes. Do not wear sandals.
- Bring a reusable water bottle and a snack (energy bar and fruit are good).
- Always wear sunscreen.
- There is a possibility of encountering some wildlife (crocodiles, snakes, raccoons). You can always look, but never touch.
- The Deering Estate allows visitors to bring food into the property. So pack a picnic , if you wish.
- Please feel free to bring your phone, GoPro or camera.