Who Art Miami is Miami artists as seen by students of the FIU Honors College.
WHO ART MIAMI STUDENTS PROJECTS
FIU Honors College students have met and interviewed Miami artists. Get to know the shapers of the culture and identity of Miami.
Each student must select one artist currently based in Miami and write an academic guide about that artist.
This is the major project for the semester. It must be a minimum of 2,000 words.
The following is a list of artists eligible for this project. No two students can select the same artist. FIU faculty, staff, and current students are not eligible. FIU alumni are welcome. Artists not on this list must be cleared by Professor Bailly.
Felecia Chizuko Carlisle
Monica Lopez de Victoria
T Eliott Mansa
Note: Any full-time artist with a studio at Bakehouse, Fountainhead, or Oolite is eligible.
These following factors will be considered in determining the project grade:
- Research! The student must demonstrate a thoroughly researched knowledge of subjects.
- The student must tackle Big Ideas-culture, history, religion, philosophy, economic disparity, sexuality, gender, race, to name a few.
- The student should not shy away from controversial subjects or opinions.
- The student should explain the nature of her/his connection to the subject.
- Subjects should be discussed in a broader cultural and historical context. Others should be able to relate to the points made in the project.
- Students should aim for originality in text and in the photo.
- The student is not expected to be a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in Writing nor Photography. S/he is only expected to put forth maximum effort.
EDITOR AND LAST UPDATE
John William Bailly 12 April 2020
COPYRIGHT © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED